Water Well Drilling

Drilling is done in either soil or bedrock and we do both types equally well.

80% of the wells we drill are completed in the bedrock, while the remaining 20% are completed in a clean sand or gravel formation. These wells are usually screened with a stainless steel well screen that extends out the end of the steel casing into the sand or gravel layer. The slotted screen holds back the sand and lets the water enter into the well.

Most wells we drill are a 6" diameter well. We do have tooling to drill 5" wells (usually to do repairs to existing wells) or up to 10" for some commercial applications.

Wells are cased with steel casing into the bedrock or down to the sand / gravel aquifer layer. The casing is then bentonite grouted back to the ground surface between the outside of the casing and the wall of the hole (annular space). This prevents surface water from entering into the well.

The Ministry of the Environment (MOE) requires a minimum of 6 meters of casing be installed even if bedrock is encountered prior to this depth. Steel casing is not required in rock after 6 meters.